Skip to main content

Making Connections - Pets and Loss



IMG_2937.JPG
This is my cat.  He fell off the balcony at my house.  The balcony is on the second story of my house so it was quite high.  He was asleep on the thin rail of the balcony when he fell off.  He didn’t wake up in time and so he landed heavily on his side.  I spent the last 2 hours with him before he died.  It was in the middle of the night.  I was waiting for the Vets to open but he couldn’t hold on.  I cried for a week and I wouldn’t get off the couch.  I’m still very sad to have lost him.
Room 11
Pets and Loss
Ayan
Once i saw a cat it was running to go to the other side and it was crashed and cars went over it and the cat died and no one picked it up and even i saw a bird flying and it fell on the ground and car did not care about animals and the cat i was talking about its kittens one of it died and i got scared and ran away and my dad found a cat in the garage and it was dead in the garage and i do not have a idea where my dad put it and i did not even look at it. And when i was in room 3  we had  a egg Challing and Vedant had the better egg and it was from miss gounders class and it cracked in room 3.
Kira
Absent
Sejal
When I wasn’t born, my mum had a dog in India and she loved that dog a lot but one night he ran away and in the morning when my mum went to check on him, she didn’t find him sleeping in his bed my mum was very sad so she went to find him but she couldn't find him.I also had lots of tiny little fish but they died in summer because the water was really hot and I had lots of  fish but they died because whenever we bought a new fish one of the old fish would die.
Grace
I have had two pet losses in  my life about seven fish but I am not sure of their names and one cat called Oscar. The fish died because we did not have a deep enough pond for them and, my cat Oscar we had to put her down because she had a massive tuma all down her leg. Yes I said she for boys name that is because Oscar was thought to be a boy before it was confirmed that she was a girl. Once there was this kingfisher that Oscar injured and she broke the poor birds wing so we looked after the kingfisher (we named him King.) until Kingy got better. Sadly Kingy died because he fell face forward into his water bowl:( :( :( We tried to save Kingy by making a bed for him by the fire but it did not work Kingy died that night. So many birds crash into the ranch slider at my house the birds break their necks and then die. Poor pets I miss them so much
Ishita
In Fiji my grandmother had a cat called puss. One day he ran away.We waited for him. He came back but before he could come in he got ran over from a van. When I went to my other grandmother my favourite dog died, he was chained up to a pole he tried to get out of the chain but his neck got strangled.I have one more story about my puppy. My dad went for a walk with the puppy there was a car coming and the wheel went on his foot and at night he was howling a lot. In the morning he died.I was Really really sad
Sherrie
One time my dad and his mum bought a dog named sassy. She was very well trained and did not bite or jump on people. She always licked me and would jump on my bed when it was time to go to bed.  She followed me everytime I got up and did something but she had to be put down because she got very very sick. She was a labradore and had to be put down because she got very very sick and I am very sad for sassy because I loved her very much
Rosie
Yesterday in the morning my dad went down to the bottom of the garden as normal to feed the chickens and he looked into the nest box and saw a chicken it in lay the nest box still warm but she was dead when I saw my dad carrying a dead chicken into a plant pot I ran down to him to see him and the first thing he said was we have got a dead chicken. He was in tears the whole morning the chinkes name was holly. I am still sad about it now.
Ayesha
One day In india I bought four  baby chickens. So I put them into a box and every day I gave the baby chickens soft rice and water.But one day when I came back from my friends house my brother said that one pink baby chicken died because a pot of water fall on it. The other morning I found three baby chickens missing. I think a cat got it.
Emma
Absent
Shalini
On the holiday I went to Canada to visit my grandfather and my grandma over there I saw her dog it was cute. Her name was Ruby. When I came back to New Zealand I heard that Ruby was dead it was sad. I wanted to go back but my mum said no  I cried whole day because I wanted to go back.
Kane
I have 1 cat named ‘Sophie’ and I use to have a cat named ‘Smokey’. I use to have 3 fish named ‘Fatty’, ‘Skinny’ and ‘Ted’, 1 of them died because it was old, 1 died because it was too skinny, and 1 died because it was too fat. I use to feed them and the old one would eat 1 quarter of food and by the time the skinny got to have any it was all gone. When the the skinny died it floated to the top. When the old one died it floated to top. And when the fat died it sunk to the bottom. My old cat died when it was a little kitten. It died when it was having a fight. There was this 1 black cat that would always run past our window every night and I would try to pour a cup or bucket of water on it but it would always dodge it but that was when I was about 3 so I couldn’t throw properly. One night my mum pour a bucket of water on it then it ran away. Then my cat and it had a fight and then it died :-[ .                                                                                                               
Hamish
I do not have a pet or i do not know who i lost i think i lost someone but i am not sure. that i do not know their name had died like last year.I think my dad was talking about someone who has died.
Vedant
I got a dog at my naina’s house her name is magic she is 5 years old magic got ichi it was scratching her body  and sick because of the tray dogs scratched her .                                                                                                                          

Afaaf
I used to have a pet cat he went with  me to my next door  neighbours house and when we were going back home his skin got stuck to the fence and then he died i was sad and we buried him next to his catch.
Lucas
I had a bird that was sick for a few weeks and i got it on the second week it was sick. He had to be put down  because he got very sick. Me and my family were Crying. it was one of my worst days.
Caleb
I had a bird but my uncle took my bird outside and  it  flew  away. My mom had a party and my sisters  friends bird died. It died  because the music was too loud.
Liam
I don’t have any pets .But i had some.  Our last one we had to take it back because it use to scratch our eyes the one before it ran away when we went to our farm the one before had to get put down .By liam  boom
Steven
I have 2 cats 1 tame named tabby and 1 not tame named lion. I used to have another cat named pussing but he ran away.We had a cat before i was born but i don’t know what happened to her and i had about 10 rabbits but the nabours complained about too much rabbits so we sold 8 rabbits on trademe and when they grown up they ran away.
Zahid
When i  wasn’t born i had a little bird in pakistan it was sick then it died no one in my family cried or was said. My dad said if it died then it died.
Dorian
Absent
Raithe
I’ v never ever had a pet before. My cousins has a pet but  the  didn't die.
Daniel
A long time ago i had a cat named butter my mum called her that she was a ginger cat. In the mornings she always  sits on a red chair aftar school i used to come and say hi but one day she runed away. But now and the she comes by ow  house now she has fluffy as fer.
Ashton
About 3 years ago my bro lowy died when I was only 7 it was really sad for me when I got home  from school . when I got home inside inside to find lowy but when I got in my room it was just me  my dad my cat and my fish.Later that year my fish died again when I was at school . when I came home from school I saw a dead cat on the road
Jaedyn
I have two cats and 14 fish my cats names are missy and squek. squek died
because she had blood cancer so now missy sleeps on my bed every night
and I feed her every night. We have’t finished naming my fish. we are renivating our house and when it is finished we are going to put the fish tank
in my  bed room.  I ues to have gold fish in a small tank that my cosons gave
me but one died and we gave the other one back.  And some of my fish died
now I have about 6 fish now. missy is trend like a dog. Missy is nearly 11 and
I am nearly 10 missy is 1 year older than me. I feed my fish every mornning.
Ryan
I used to have a Cat named “Nunu.” One day I went to check on him. And I didn’t see him there and I shouted his name, but no answer. Pretty soon I realised he had gone… ...And I started crying. But a few years later I got a new Cat, and I named it Gracy. That day I started crying for the past two hours because I still missed him. Gracy is now 9 and i’m the same age. Before I met Gracy I had Nunu, he ran with a Female stray cat. It was probably the neighbour’s cat.
Tony
I used to have a dog called jack and blue. They are in samoa with my uncle. My dog is still alive. One of my other dogs died because they went in to the river and they died. I have 5 puppies and I have 7 big dogs.  My dog was the biggest because it always eats our food. One of the puppies just got born. My brothers dog got birth. One of my dogs bit my brother on the knee and he was crying loud as. My dog always comes to me. My dogs are scared of my dad because my dad smacks them on the back because they fight alot. I feed them a lot because they always come in to the kitchen  and eat all the food. I was only 2 years old.
Bhaviik
I used to have a pet dog called gujo .Every time people came into our house he barked. We only had him for a limited time because some one came and gave him and when the time had come we gave him back he was a nice dog.
Now we have some pet fish. We got them at the hollywood fish farm .Now we have tons of fish and babies.
My Uncle is in Australia and he has 2 dogs . One is called Rocky and the other is Boomba.He once had a dog named paul but he died . People should always take care of you pets.   We all love our pets.

Comments

  1. Hello
    I like the way that you put your words into a animals shape or any shape,
    your art is very beautiful.
    I wonder if you can make a shape of any book or a learning tool?

    Arnav

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tennis

This is our second tennis lesson with Lucian.  We practiced our forehand returns.  We enjoyed our lesson with Lucian.

Te Wiki o Te Reo Maori Pepeha video - A koha from staff and students to our community

Screenshot from the video.   We hope you enjoy the video that Room 21 contributed to along with New Windsor School staff members.  

Calendar Art

For our calendar art, we studied what makes a great photo. We looked at different techniques: fill the frame, rule of thirds, lines frame the shot, high angle, low angle and horizon lines. After planning our shot we took photos. Can you see the different photo techniques? Last day to order calendars: Friday 23rd September.