Skip to main content

Drums

In Room 11, as part of our Reading Programme, we are learning to make connections to texts. Most days Ms Corbett shares photos with us. She writes a little blurb about her connection to the photo. We all share our connections to the photo and the text.



Drums

I was shopping at Albany in the weekend and I saw these cool drums.  I asked a little girl if she would like to have these in her classroom.  She said “Yes”.  I asked her what year level she was.  She was Year 8.  I would really like to buy some drums like this so we can do more interesting projects in our digital class.  Actually even if I didn’t have a digital class I would like to have a set of drums.  Now I have to save more money.  Remember?  I accidentally bought tickets to Justin Timberlake.  In MELBOURNE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Doh! (Like Homer Simpson)  Matua Jarrod thinks I should buy a better quality second hand set from Trade Me but I like these ones.  I like brand new stuff.  I don’t like spaces!!! Jokes.       

drums compressed.jpg


Room 11

Ayan
My connection to this is  if you had some drum sticks you will play it so much and you should buy the  better  drum ever.
Kira
Absent
Sejal
My connection to this is that one time one my ipad I was checking new games and I almost downloaded a expensive game but luckily I didn’t.  
Grace
My connection to this is that I am in the New Windsor school drumming group!!!
I also adore all music except soppy love love songs (YUCK!!!)
I also get singing lessons from a C.D!  I think that digital drums would be so awesome!
Ishita
One day I went to the Mall and I saw really cool guitar. I wanted to play it but i couldn’t.
Sherrie
My mum always wanted me to play drums I always wanted to play drums I wish I had drum’s but it is to much for my mum to pay I just want them to play on and make the best music EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rosie
When I was in London [England] we walked on the bank of the River Thames and I saw a man playing the Drums I wanted to stay next to him all day long but that was only partly because he was a good Drummer it was also because my legs were so sour from walking a long way from buckingham palace to big ben then to the London Eye and up the bank of the River thames anyway this man was really good at Drumming but I didn’t stay near him for long because Matthew [my brother] had noticed a skateboarding ramp with lots of people skateboarding it was boring watching them.
Ayesha
When I was 5 I loved drums.
So one day I got two spoons and one plate.Then I started to do some loud drumming.
Emma
I can relate to this because once i saw a really cool
guitar. i really wanted it was a really cool  electric  guitar my mum said no i was up set but this christmas
i got a non electric guitar.        
Shalini
When I was little I saw a drum I wanted to buy it but my mum said no because it was expensive.I started crying then my mum brought me a ice-cream and I stopped and me and my mum went home.
Kane
I think that it will be cool to have a drum set in our classroom. I would like to play the drums in my free time.

Hamish
I would like to have some not the Justin tickets the drums doh!!!!!!!!!! they will like them in my class.
Vedant
The drum kit will be awesome in the classroom. I would like to make music in the classroom.
Afaaf
I use to play the drums and the giter
Lucas
Its sweat. I wish I had a drum kit like that.
Caleb
I wanted my mom and dad to buy me drum but they said it will make to much noise
Liam
My uncel has a band . He plays drums . I think Mrs Corbet should get the drums at the top of this page . By Liam .
Steven
I want those drums so I can play music on it.
Zahid
I wish i played on those drums it looks awesome if i only played in those if i only went to that shop  to play with those Drums. This drum kits are really awesome
Dorian
i always wanted a drum kit even digital ones cause i think they are cool as. by dorian.
Raithe
MabyThis  the  year 8  can  save   her money so she could get the drum or get  a   cadet       card .
Daniel
Diss reminds when my couns got a pair of drums i went to his house. I awent  on his drums and i bang it as hard as hard as i can.Then he punch me as hard as he  can.
Ashton
I think it would be good because when music comes we could do a really cooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! assembly.
Jaedyn
My cosen has a drum kit he showed me how he play it. I have played the drums once.
Ryan
I think it would a pretty idea because it would teach you how to play it. (I think.) My Uncle knows how to play the Drums and he’s really good at it. He teaches other people at church how to play. And there’s this guy named Quinton, he’s trying to learn how to play the Drums. He is pretty good at it too. He’s also one of my uncle’s best friends. By Ryan A.K.A Mixiyama Ryan Wang.


Tony
I think we should have it in room 11 because it looks cool and i think we should. If i buy it i would try it everyday and i think it would make a lot of sounds.
Bhaviik
I think that these drums would be pretty good if we had them.  I hope the drums are not too expensive. By Bhaviik.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tennis

This is our second tennis lesson with Lucian.  We practiced our forehand returns.  We enjoyed our lesson with Lucian.

Te Wiki o Te Reo Maori Pepeha video - A koha from staff and students to our community

Screenshot from the video.   We hope you enjoy the video that Room 21 contributed to along with New Windsor School staff members.  

Calendar Art

For our calendar art, we studied what makes a great photo. We looked at different techniques: fill the frame, rule of thirds, lines frame the shot, high angle, low angle and horizon lines. After planning our shot we took photos. Can you see the different photo techniques? Last day to order calendars: Friday 23rd September.