Skip to main content

Making Connections - Weekend Sports

Bay Roskill Vikings Under 10s

Tristan asked Miss Laxa and I to watch him play league on Saturday.  I thought it would be too early in the morning for me but I told him I would try my best.  I woke up at 8.00am so I decided to go.  When I got there I saw Kane.  Then I saw Raithe getting changed on the side.  When the boys were warming up with their coach, I saw William, Kayetan, Caleb and Tristan.  I was glad I went to watch them play.
I wanted to cheer loudly and give “advice” but Miss Laxa wouldn’t let me!  Sad face!!!!  :-(  


  IMG_2343.JPG



Room 11
Making Connections
Ayan
I dont play rugby but i try once and i tried getting the ball of my brother  but he is not that bad  and one day i saw some one playing rugby and they looked like they were fighting but they  dident there was some one on the ground and some wone was on checkthat person.
Kira
I do not play rugby but the connection I have to this is not about me but one time my mum had to pick up Grace because her mum could not take her to a meeting or something later on because Millie had to go to rugby. How old is her rugby team?!? She is only 7! Speaking about picking Grace, it was a good time to tell her how “Cheesy” she was! Ha Ha Ha! Good times! Cheesiness forever!!!!! ⬷ 〠ᏨᎻᎬᎬᎦᎽ!
Sejal
My connection with this is when me and my dad went to my  brothers cricket game. When the game started my brother was standing there and doing nothing. Whenever the person bowls from the other team my brother just stands there.Then he waits until the the ball comes somewhere near him.
Grace
Well I can relate to this story with my saturday morning gymnastics. Plus I have handed  my saturday morning netball form into school.
My sister plays rugby on a saturday morning, but the season has not started yet. This message is for KIRA: Millies rugby team is the Newlin suburbs rugby club under 8 team!         …………..                 GOOD TIMES!!!
                                       “YOU CHEESY!” “CHEESE is awesome!”
Ishita
My connection is  when I was 7 tried to play netball.But I couldn’t shoot the ball and didn’t know some of the rules.           
Sherrie
I do not play rugby but I watch it on tv at my grandad’s everyday we go and visit them and watch the rugby. I watch it to with my step dad and mum and a couple of family member’s but sometimes I get bored and go to play on my tablet and everyday I get bored I go on the computer or play games with my cousin’s but the thing I hate is having to watch it for a really long time till I finish my dinner but I ask my mum if i can eat outside and she always goes for no or a yes but I don’t mind watching rugby for little then I get bored and I go and play with my cousin’s. I always ask for dessert and my mum says yes if I finish my dinner.  every weekend I get to stay up late if I be good and do what my mum says. I just can’t wait to go and see the rugby this weekend. I might be going to see rugby in real life with my cousin’s
I just can’t wait.Have a great time.
Rosie
Every week on Saturday I go to gym at YMCA and on Friday my brother goes to football my dad is the manager of his football team the Sharks. last week my dad was asked to take the balls home and bring them home next week . Dad is also in charge of  keeping track of the player of the week. last week I took my roller blades so I had something to do but it wasn’t that much better!
Ayesha
Yesterday my brother was playing master and he accidentally threw the the ball on my head.Then my dad came outside and said are you ok and I said yes. After that I played with my brother so far I was winning.but at the end I lost
Emma
I can Relate to this becauses my sister Ashley makes me go on the trampoline and makes me play rugby  if i did not play rugby she hites
me or she acts like a baby and takes  me and          
Shalini
   My  connections is when I was a little  I  played net ball but the problem was that I  scouldn'tgscoreach time I play.But now I can socre a goal .
Kane
It’s cool that I can play with some of my friends from my school, like Kayetan, Caleb, Raithe, Tristian and Chris.I think we done well. :-1
Hamish
Absent
Vedant
I played cricket in a team. I think kane is interested to be in a team too.
Afaaf
I use to play rugby for a team.
Lucas
I go to gymnastics AND im level 3 aND last week i did a front flip off a beam and landed it.  I go every saturday. Its at the YMCA in mount ALBERT. AND its every saturday.
ITS fun.     :-)
Caleb
I played rugby  with  my  friends which are Kane,Raithe,William,Kaytan,Chris, my brother Tristan. It was my first rugby team i played for.
Liam   
Me and Lucas use to play for suburbs rugby two years ago.
Then we stopped . Then i gained gymnastics.
By Liam.

Steven
I want to play with Bay Roskill Vikings but i,ll get tackled really hard and get hurt and get a broken arm.
Zahid
I want to play with the Bay Roskill vikings  but i can’t because i play cricket the most in sdead of rugby i will give rugby five out of ten because i don’t like rugby that much at all now. Because cricket  is my  favorite sports. :-)
Dorian
On Saturday i play Cricket for  New Lynn subers and my team lost a lot of games and won 2 games but now they stop until next summer  .by    DORIAN!!!.:( ……… bad time for m
Raithe
On saturday when I got to the game  I saw william and christ first and then I  saw kane and then kaytan came to rugby with his mum . after we trained . We  learned how to pace the rugby ball and then we paced out the shirts and  we wh
Daniel
I wish could  play rugby on saturdays but  I play ps3 instead.And sometimes my da  ls  eme to go outside and be active if don't go  outside i get a smack.
ashton
I play rugby for new lyen Suburbs and I'm am my teams first 5.I also play ckrekt for the school.

Jaedyn
I don't like rugby and I have never played it before.
Ryan
I REALLY want to play for Bay Roskill because it looks really cool and I wish i went to the game myself so i would cheer for everybody on the team.  
:p. Even though I haven’t been there it still looked cool.
Tony
I wish i could go and watch my friends play rugby league. I play for the same team but i play for bay roskill brothers. I think some of my friends got some and I think they did some good tackles.  I think they will win next time. :-)
Bhaviik
I wish I could play for the BAY ROSKILL VIKINGS COOOOOOOOOOOl! BBHAVIKBHAVIKK :):):):):):):):):) I love rugby.  Me and my dad play rugby and I always make my dad dizzy by running with the ball around him and score lots of tries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tennis

This is our second tennis lesson with Lucian.  We practiced our forehand returns.  We enjoyed our lesson with Lucian.

Te Wiki o Te Reo Maori Pepeha video - A koha from staff and students to our community

Screenshot from the video.   We hope you enjoy the video that Room 21 contributed to along with New Windsor School staff members.  

Calendar Art

For our calendar art, we studied what makes a great photo. We looked at different techniques: fill the frame, rule of thirds, lines frame the shot, high angle, low angle and horizon lines. After planning our shot we took photos. Can you see the different photo techniques? Last day to order calendars: Friday 23rd September.